Saturday, April 29, 2017

Silhouette Floral

Aloha, friends!

Boy, this took a while to get done this week. I've messed some up, changed my mind about which stamp sets to use, and messed up even more. Talk about a challenge!

But there is one more day to enter into the current weekly StampTV Silhouette Scene Challenge that Melanie is hosting. Come and play with us! You have until Sunday evening to enter your card, depending on your time zone.

The background is a blend of distress inks. I really thought the flowers in the set I wanted to use was solid. Nope. Line. I stamped the flowers with Memento Tuxedo Black and used the same marker color to color everything in to qualify for a solid silhouette image. Presto! Then I found these teeny black faceted gems to add all around. I love the MISTI. Even with cling stamps, you can practice a couple times to make sure the sentiments line up -- whoooopie! I can't find the Bow thingie and trying Gina's way doesn't work with my fingers, so I just tied some ribbon into a very simple bow and glued it to the stems. Finally I used a die cut for the outer edge.



Stamp Set: "Heartfelt Thanks" by Theresa Momber for Gina K. Designs
Cardstock: GKD 120# and 80# white
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black (image); Distress Inks (background)
Prismacolor Pencils (for the envelope and inside the card images)
Gems: Want2Scrap
Ribbon from Stash (feels like silk?)
Die: Femme Frames by MFT
Adhesives: Liquid Glue by Scrapbooking Made Simple & some Scor Tape




Thank you very much for stopping by!
With aloha ♥







No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments really encourage me a TON! Mahalo nui loa!