Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Pastel Lotus

Aloha!

What a few weeks of natural disasters we have been having recently. My heart is just shattered for all those affected by flooding, hurricanes, loss of homes, lost lives, earthquakes, fires out west. I feel overwhelmed but strangely, I felt compelled to color something soft. I'm not a pastel person, but it's what my heart moved me to do.

Using Copic markers I colored an MFT lotus flower. I didn't care for the water I colored around it, so fussy cut it out and laid it up on foam. The Challenge is to make a CAS card. This takes much discipline for me not to keep on adding and adding elements - it's hard. This is going to a friend in the stamping community who is going through her own serious struggles with health and now the loss of a loved one.

Here is a link to the MFT Clean And Simple Genius Challenge. You still have time to get your entries in, but hurry!


Stamp Sets: MFT "IB Flowers 3" and "About Sympathy"
Cardstock: GKD 120# White
Inks: Image stamped in Memento Angel Pink, colored with Copic Markers, and the sentiment is stamped with VersaFine Smoke Gray (a little softer than black)
Sequins Pretty Pink Posh
Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen (over the flower and leaf)
Corner Round Punch and Foam Sheet; Stays Put liquid glue




Mahalo for stopping by. 
I'll be continuing to pray for all those affected by natural disasters ♥





No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments really encourage me a TON! Mahalo nui loa!